Escape to Northern Portugal and embark on a soul-nourishing adventure!
Hot Yoga + Hot Pilates Retreat at D’Alijo
Northern Portugal | August 28-September 4, 2024
Join us for an unforgettable hot yoga and hot pilates vacation in heavenly Northern Portugal. Practice a variety of yoga styles and hot pilates, explore meditation, experience the Portuguese culture, and reconnect to discover a healthier, happier you. You deserve it all! This 8-day immersion, perfect for beginners and seasoned practitioners alike, will allow you to get to the mountains of Portugal to leave the stresses of your daily life behind while exploring and enhancing your practice in one of the most magical and breathtaking locales in the world!
- Eight days and seven nights in luxury accommodations at D’Alijo Retreat Center.
- Two gourmet vegan/vegetarian meals per day (brunch and dinner) by D’Alijo’s exquisite chef (special dietary needs can be accommodated).
- Multiple opportunities each day to practice the 26+2 Hot Series, Inferno Hot Pilates, Vinyasa, and Yin in D’Alijo’s beautiful yoga studio which overlooks mountains and valleys.
- Experience “yogic sleep” which combines alert awareness and deepest relaxation with Yoga Nidra meditation.
- Individualized instruction to improve alignment and balance to push your practice forward.
- Onsite massage and healing services by D’Alijo’s in-house therapists, including Balinese Massage, Traditional Thai Wat Po Pressure Point Therapy, Cranio-Sacral Therapy, Reiki, Pranic Healing, and more (extra fee).
- Optional day trips to nearby UNESCO heritage villages and cities may include Porto, Guimarães, Barcelos, Braga, and Douro Valley (extra fee).
- Nature walks and hikes around D’Alijo’s beautiful property consisting of terraces, waterfalls, olive field, a peaceful meditation cave, and hills with large rock formations.
- Plenty of free time to enjoy D’Alijo’s on-site pool.
- Hours of sunshine and lovely summer weather (average high 77°F, average low 60°F).
- Unlimited fresh drinking water and use of D’Alijo’s yoga mats and towels.
- Friendly company among like-minded yogis.
Pick ups and drop offs from the Porto International Airport (extra fee). Please discuss suggested arrival/departure times and travel logistics with the retreat leader before booking flights. Flying into Porto (OPO) is the most convenient and preferred option. Another option is flying into Lisbon (LIS) and taking a train to Porto (Campanha Train Station).
Sprawling across twelve acres of land, the D’Alijo Retreat Center consists of the main house which offers five bedrooms, kitchen, and restaurant. Additional accommodations of beautifully designed wooden chalet style rooms and cabins are spread across the property. All rooms have outside verandas and large terraces that offer undisturbed views of the breathtaking area and premises. Other D’Alijo amenities include: a swimming pool, a peaceful meditation cave, garden, hot yoga room, massage/healing services, and so much more!
Retreat pricing starts at $1999 (flights to/from Portugal are not included).
To check availability of room types and book your once in a lifetime vacation, please contact retreat@105F.com.
Space is limited and bookings are first-come, first-served.
Early bird rates through March 31, 2024 (prices increase by $200 on April 1, 2024).
Double Occupancy: $1,999
Single Occupancy: $2,699
Double Occupancy: $2,199
Single Occupancy $2,799
Single Occupancy: $2,399
Double Occupancy: $2,399
Single Occupancy $3,299
Activities and Excursions
In between our classes, posture clinics, and workshops we will explore everything that Northern Portugal has to offer. Day trips and excursions to the nearby UNESCO heritage villages and cities such as Porto, Guimarães, Barcelos, and Braga (the largest market in Portugal, with stalls selling everything from fresh produce to traditional ceramics) will be offered. We will go wine tasting in the beautiful Douro Valley. We will enjoy a night of traditional Portuguese Fado music. And please remember, everything is optional… this is your vacation! We will have a full schedule of classes, activities, and excursions lined up but we encourage you to do as much or as little as you’d like…. relaxing by D’Alijo’s onsite pool with a juice or smoothie in hand, taking a hike in nature around the beautiful grounds, or treating yourself to a relaxing massage or healing treatment sounds like a pretty perfect afternoon too!
D’Alijo Retreat Center in Northern Portugal is an exclusive retreat center located in the village of Cabeceiras de Basto in the province of Minho with the beautiful city of Porto (the second largest city in Portugal) just one hour away. This stunning region has mountains for hiking, historic medieval cities to explore, and wines to taste. With average daily high temperatures around 77° F and cooler nights, August/September is one of the best times of the year to visit!
D'Alijo is a 1 hour drive from the Porto Airport (OPO) which is the most convenient airport to fly in and out of for your retreat. Another option would be to fly in and out of Lisbon (LIS). If you fly into LIS you will need to take the train up to Porto's Campanha Station (3 hour train ride). D'Alijo will provide transfers from OPO (extra fee). 105F will help arrange your airport transfers.
We will have our first class followed by orientation and dinner starting around 4pm on the first day of the retreat (August 28) and our final class followed by breakfast starting around 8am on the last day of the retreat (September 4) so please take this schedule into consideration when booking your flights.
A 50% deposit is due at the time of booking to secure your spot. Remainder of balance is due 60 days before the retreat starts (on or before June 28).
Yes! Please check to make sure that your passport is valid for a minimum of 3 months after our Portugal travel dates.
Except extremely enjoyable weather during our time in Portugal. With average daily high temperatures around 77° F and cooler nights, August/September is an ideal time for a visit!
Passport, hot yoga/hot pilates wear (most days we will practice 2x per day), light/breathable clothes for our excursions and exploring, a sweater or light jacket (nights can get cool), closed toe/comfortable shoes for hiking, water bottle, swimsuit, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, toiletries (shampoo and body wash is provided in the rooms), vitamins/medications, electrolytes, an adapter/convertor for your electronics, and bug spray.
Yes, D'Alijo will provide yoga mats, yoga towels, and any props we need for the retreat so you do not need to pack these items with your belongings.
D'Alijo has a washing machine and dryer that you may use at your convenience during the retreat. D'Alijo will provide the laundry detergent. There is a small fee for using the machine/dryer.